Sunday, November 4, 2012

Harvesting The Memories

As scrapbook season is in full swing now, it is such an exciting time to take in the season's crops. Last week-end was the Midway Crop at Cocoa Daisy. And this week-end was Harvesting The Memories Crop at The Scraproom.

I am feeling pretty invigorated with all the new techniques I've been trying. I am really happy to see that templates are making a comeback (Which is great because I have about 30 that are collecting dust). With all the mediums out there, I am pretty excited to see what creations will come to life. Here is an example of one of my latest, template-inspired layouts "Life Moments":


I took the tree template (recently purchased at Scrapbooking At Shelley's...even though I had 30, I needed one more) and taped it down with painters tape. I then covered half of the template with butterscotch paint (ranger dabber). Once the paint dried, I then spritzed on tattered angels glimmer mist (chocolate covered cherries). I was super pleased with the results as it kind of came out looking like real bark. I entered this into the sketch challenge at TSR this week-end.

Next up Celebrate Scrap-i-ness:

 
 
Ok, no big fancy technique or template. Just the plain white ranger dabber, run around the centre of this paper in a big circle. This page I entered in the Celebration Challenge at TSR. It includes...a picture of a celebration (ok scrapping is a celebration), 5 buttons, machine stitching, hand stitching and baker's twine.
 
Both of these crops the past two week-ends were inspiring. I would still like to finish another at challenge at TSR, but time pending.
 
I also only have 12 more sleeps til my next crop with Scrapbooking At Shelley's. This requires me to pack for a few blocks away.
 
Happy Scrapping!Thanks for looking!
 
Gilly

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to be at the Harvesting Memories crop. I love your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilly, I love your stuff and WTG with piling on the coolest stuff!!!! Great style and I was so glad to see you this weekend. *love*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful fun layouts. I love that circle!

    ReplyDelete