Friday, April 5, 2013

Finally Complete...Florida 2012

I have included a few bits and pieces in my blog of our 2012 Florida/Disney Vacation. It is now finally complete and I want to share with you some of the finished highlights.  Thanks for Looking in advance.

To start with these albums are a little out of my comfort zone, being a 81/2 by 11. I commonly work in 12X12 and 6X12, so it had been a long time since I had worked in this size. I wanted to try something different for this trip.

The entire ended up being 2 albums, and I was prepared in case it would have been three. I started with the blue, then moved into the green. If I were to keep on going the pink would have been my next choice.

Here they are here:

I had the hardest time deciding on the tags to put on the sides of these albums. I ended up using 2 Tim Holtz white cards, covered them in glimmer mist and then added letters and embellishments. A closer look at the tags here:
 
 
 
 
Now we get into the nitty gritty of the album. Most of the album is pocket pages from We R. However,  for the parks that we went to I decided to use altered Heidi Swapp folders (from her Destination/Travel line).
 
 These folders were so much fun to do, and each is decorated according to the park it covers. So here we go.
 
Magic Kingdom front cover:
 
For this folder I wanted to use some of the traditional Disney colors like red and black. I also added lots of pink and bling.
Most of the journalling is done on Disney post-it notes that I picked up while I was there.
 
Inside of Magic Kingdom folder:
 
Back cover of Magic Kingdom:
 
 
Next up was Hollywood Studios:
 
I gave this folder a yellow and blue look. I also wanted to capture the movie clip or filmstrip theme in here. Use of the Tim Holtz film strip, several stars painted and then covered with Glimmer Glaze.
 
Front cover:
 
Inside:


Back Cover:
 
 
Next Park, Animal Kingdom:
 
I tried to capture a more natural and earthy look with this folder, in the greens and the natural looks of wood and cork. I thought the Animal Kingdom in cork look letters went perfect.
 
 
Inside cover:
 
 
 
Back:
 
 
Last Disney park we visited was Epcot. In the Heidi Swapp folder I left the map and travel theme of the original folder, as it went so well with the worldly theme of Epcot:
 
 
Inside: At the bottom I incorporated a list of all the national pavillions as they occured in the park: Mexico, Norway, China...
 
 
Back cover:
 
 
 
Our next, and last park in Orlando to visit was the Discovery Cove. I had a blast working with this nautical/tropical theme. I was also able to incorporate several tags and brochures we were given, including our lanyards and passes that we carried.
 
 
 
One of my favorite parts of this folder was the puffy fish...
 
 
Thanks for looking!
 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love your folder idea. Great way to add the big memorabilia. I am planning to tackle my Disney photos this summer. I have two trips to do. I think I am going to do PL pages and add in park intro pages, too. Thanks for the idea. Did you post the PL pages somewhere? I'd love to see!

    ReplyDelete