Lots has been going on with us.
The biggest thing I would say that is after 20+ years I am changing my career. I have been in the teaching and counseling field since 1993 and this year have decided that my time doing that is over and I am ready to shut that door.
SO...What has this meant?
Well, of course there are a lot of emotions going on, some doubts, mostly self-assurances, etc. In all of this though, I was surprised what my home office really began to symbolize after I left my work office in May. My home/scraproom/etc. office started to become important to me and my identity of who I am as an individual. Although it was creative and colorful, which I love, it was also not being used to its fullest potential. And rather than just an art space, it now has a real sense of calm that I cannot wait to get into and think and create in as my life moves forward!
the creative area BEFORE
- better organize and label things so I know where everything is
- make use of my vertical space and store things on shelves
- calm the room by painting a light, neutral color...I will leave the fun colors for some of my storage in clear jars and creations
- hide some of the storage with neutral matching baskets to give the room flow
- create a room that works for all my needs!