Wednesday, October 21, 2015

A Dining Room Update...

My dining room table has been in our family since the 1980's. I remember my mother saving and saving for this beautiful oak set after she landed her first teaching job (after having kids) in the 1980's.
 
Anyhow fast forward to 2015. My mom's spirit is still with us all the time and I love, love, love this table and all the memories that come with it. However, the chairs, had sadly had it. I have wanted a fresh look for this room for a few years now and we finally did it this fall.
 
I have envisioned sort of a loungy feel for this area of my home. It is an open concept main floor, and I really wanted to unite the living room and dining room and still keep with really comfortable chairs!!!
 
So for this update I went with 4 fabric chairs, and a leather bench open to the living room.
 


From the front entrance, you can really see how the dining room opens up to the living room now, with no chair backs obstructing.
 
 
 
 
I am loving how the light colors of the chairs really bring some accent to the dining room, and also co-ordinate really well with the area rug in the living room. The bench, in a brown leather, also co-ordinates well with the brown leather couch in the living room.
 


We are so happy with this update to our home! Thanks so much for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful! The bench was a super idea. You have such a lovely home! <3

    ReplyDelete