Thursday, October 1, 2015

Mixed Media & Graduation 2015...

Sooooo, I have torn myself away from my art journals long enough to get some scrapping done.

One of my projects for this fall and winter is my son's graduation from June 2015. The reason I am determined to get this project done, is because my daughter graduates next June 2016! Yep, call me crazy. Two in a row!

Since I have become so used to  addicted to using mixed media goodies, I really had to continue to play with them when I started this scrappy project.

This is a more formal page than my usual style, but it was a graduation, and we were pretty dressed up...for us that is!


The original paper came from a Craft Smith - Indigo Gold paper pad. It had some blue fern leaves on the left and some shading on the bottom right hand side..
 
I then added...
 
flourish stamps by Rhonna Farrer (Autumn Leaves) inked with Tim's Faded Jeans distress ink
 
watercolor twinkling H2O moss green - with a stencil
 
Heidi Swapp paper flower cutouts - inked edges with CTMH Hollyhock ink
 
Faber-Castell Texture Gem - gold dots
 



and added some doodles here and there....
 
 

 
I am happy with the simplicity and prettiness of the elements of this layout!
 
 
Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

  1. Fab 2-pager! I love the shimmer you added with the paints!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dana, those twinkling H20's are beautiful to work with!

    ReplyDelete