Friday, October 9, 2015

My December Journal...Getting Started...The Stash!

Season's Greetings Everyone! Just kidding it is only October, I know. I thought I would make this blog post for anyone who is doing their own December Journal and may be wanting inspiration or help.
 
Feel free to leave questions or comments below. (You can also find the previous years' completed December Journals in the blog from Decembers of previous years.
 
So, for many, many years I have completed a December Journal Your Christmas...I believe since 2007.
 
This year I seem to be prepping earlier than I ever have, but I think it is for good reason.
 I am doing this mainly because I know I will get busy doing other things in December like baking, shopping, visiting,  working, etc. 
 
So to begin with let's dig through my stash...again, I hope this inspires you, or gives you ideas of what you may want to do if you are thinking of completing a December Journal.
 
 
Old books: These I have been gathering since last year from thrift stores and charity book sales. The illustrations in here are awesome to incorporate into my journal.
 
 
 
 
Coffee Dying: Some pages from the books above, as well as tags, ephemera packaging, and even old patterned paper can be turned vintage instantly with a little coffee dying. Here is a sample of what I have done so far.
 


Paper: And more paper. Yes, I have quite a collection of Christmas paper including Graphic 45, Bo Bunny, DCWV, Echo Park, Carta Bella, as well as some large paper pads from Michaels.



And last, but not least...
 
Ephemera and embellishments: These have been collected everywhere from my LSS to the dollar stores, printed off the internet, and even packaging and freebies.



I hope you have found this to be helpful and inspiring! I plan to have more posts to follow of my December Journal. Happy journaling and thanks for browsing.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for this. I'm doing JYC for the first time this year, so I'll keep an eye on your blog for updates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome Michelle! I hope you enjoy! Feel free to ask any questions!

      Delete
  2. What an amazing stash! Your album is going to be fantastic!

    ReplyDelete