Friday, October 16, 2015

Some quick rules...I have made for myself!

 
I have decided to make things really easy on myself this year, so I made myself one quick rule! Just 1...and that rule is...
 
ANYTHING GOES!
 
Yes, that's right, anything can go in my album that I want to. Any color, any size, any media, any pattern, any texture...and any line of paper I may have!
 
Here is an example of one of my pages...
 
This is actually a picture of St. Nick himself that I found in a newspaper I had collected from last year. I didn't know how I would use this image so I began by sticking it to a more substantial piece of paper to bind.
 
Then I began adding my layers...
 
Colors are green, blue white, red, browns, etc.
 
Size is 8 X 12.
 
I have applied...gesso,
 
crackle medium (white),
 
distress ink in vintage photo,
 
acrylic paint in turquoise,
 
corrugated cardboard,
 
postage stamp from pinterest,
 
Lindy's spray splattered (Rudolph's Nose Red)...
 
 

 
hand stamped sepia archival ink,
 
embossed black powder,
 
inka gold (turquoise) &
 
hand-stitched some elements.
 
When you are doing a December Journal Your Christmas you can make your own rules. That's right. You can make them as limiting, or as freeing as you wish...because like mine...ANYTHING GOES!
 
 IT'S YOUR ALBUM,
 
 SO IT'S YOUR RULES!
 
OK, may I add one more rule before you continue...HAVE FUN!!!
 
 


5 comments:

  1. This is amazing, Gillian! Good for you, getting an early start on your album and I agree with the "anything goes" rule! 😄

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry, you are so sweet! Anything goes=much less stress! LOL!

      Delete
  2. Totally agree! The whole point of crafting is that it's a fun hobby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! I love the stitching and the ink!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All I can say is WOW! This is one amazing page!!!

    ReplyDelete